In this introductory workshop, Rodney introduces participants to some key ideas when applying jiu-jitsu for self-preservation. In this close on 2-hours of instruction, Rodney covers,
- Pre-fight control.
- How to effectively close the distance when someone is striking at you.
- Controlling the opponent when in close.
- The high single takedown for the street.
- Controlling an aggressive opponent on the ground using the pavement knee-ride.
- The Ratchet Choke, a high percentage move to end the fight on the ground.
- What to do when taken down yourself.
- How to get back to your feet safely.
- Surviving being mounted when someone is striking you.
- How to survive the guard when someone is striking you.